September 25, 2020

When my Master appeared

Participant: “What magic is this, beloved Master, which makes us want to laugh at all of our problems here in your Presence?”
Marcos Gualberto: Your “problems” are not problems. They are your imagination, your resistance, your disagreement with life, a breach of contract.
When you sign a contract for services, it must be in writing, with signature and witnesses. This happens only in this world of people, because people are naturally disloyal and temperamental, and they breach contracts.
I doubt if there is any profession in which people work more than in the legal one. Judges are always full of quarrels, always mediating situations, because people breach contracts. This disloyalty is the nature of the mind. So, contracts end up becoming problems. In Existence, a breach of contract represents conflict. Right now, if you are experiencing any form of clash, it is because you are breaking a contract. If you break the contract with Existence, with Life, you experience conflict. All your suffering is based on this principle. It is a quarrel, a demand. It is a clash with Life, with Existence.
My job here is to show you that all your problems are imaginary. When the thoughts come to you, ask for whom they are coming. Find out the source of your thinking. That is how you do! “Who am I? What is the source of this ‘me’? What is the source of these thoughts? Where did I come from?” This way, you will perceive that you are in illusion and, in it, your life is full of problems, because it is full of imagination, of many thoughts, ideas, and beliefs.
Find out to whom this “me” appears, then you will find out a wonderful thing: this “me” has never existed! All your problems are in imagination. You are against Existence on permanent struggle, and this is the cause of your suffering, of your conflict, together with your thoughts and desires: “I want this, I do not want that;” “I am sure about this, I am not sure about that.”
In your Being, you are a Sage, but in the mind, you are stupid, a stupid “person.” You do not want to be happy! You want excitement! You know that eating a lot, eating wrong will harm you. You will get fat, will have diabetes. You did not inherit this disease, but you will acquire it throughout your life because your habits are harmful. So, what do you want? Excitement! You do not want to be happy! If you wanted to be happy, you would not cede to the temptation of eating harmful goodies. Therefore, in the mind, you are stupid. You know it is going to harm you and yet you still practice, you still eat, you still do. So, what do you want? Is it to be happy? No! You want excitement!
That goes for both food and relationships, of all kinds. You know they are hurting you, but you want excitement, you do not want Happiness. You know that smoking is going to kill you, but even so, the excitement of smoking is more important than not dying until the time of death comes. You know that eating wrong will kill you in the short, medium, or long term, but you want the excitement of eating wrong, and you prefer that despite the danger of illness and death. There comes a time when you get sick, go to a hospital bed, see that you can die because of that, then you will pray to God.
You come to me and say: “Here everything is different.” Of course it is, because I do not live in illusion. What attracts you to me is your perception that I do not live in that model. You are in a dream, but it has already become a nightmare, and I want to help you awake. Only when you awake, the dream ends and when it ends, Happiness is present there. Look at me, hear my voice, listen to my silence… Do you know what this is? They are signs! It is the perfume of Happiness! Why? Because I live without imagination, without breaching contracts! I am in complete agreement with Life, with Existence, and when you are at that point, nothing is missing!
It is exactly the opposite of life in the world of the mind, of this ego-identity, where you desire a lot and have nothing. Out of the ego, you desire nothing and have everything! You want the world and it is denied to you. You struggle all the time to get things from the world, but you are afraid of losing them. So, you are always desiring and being afraid, but when you awake, it changes. Look at me! I wished God, the Truth. I longed for this Love, this Peace, this Joy, this Happiness I live today. I have let the world around me happen without getting involved with it. I stopped imaging it. I stopped breaching the contract with Existence. That is the way this encounter with God and you, with your Being, with your Heart happens. It is when you no longer desire anything else from the world, no longer fear anything from the world, but you have everything you need. In fact, you have much more than you need, but none of that produces fear or conflict.
Do you see the photo here behind me [Master points to the picture of Ramana Maharshi]? I yearned to meet Christ, and He came in the shape of my Master to talk to me about God. When I was a child, I was told that Christ was in heaven, at the right side of God, seated on a very big throne, and if I talked to Him, I would achieve a life of happiness, without conflict, without suffering, without problems. So, I kept talking to Him, I grew up talking to Him, and when I was 24, He listened and appeared to me in the shape of my Master.
I remember that, at that time, there was an internal conflict between Jesus image I had, as I was taught at church, and my Master who talked to my heart, whose eyes touched me profoundly. However, it was a matter of internal clarity going on because since I was praying to God, it could not be the devil appearing to me. Since my childhood yearning – and I grew up in that yearning – was for stopping living in sin, doing wrong things, feeling pain and producing pain around me, it was not possible that these prayers were now being answered by the devil.
Another thing: when my Master appeared, his eyes had a sparkle and his Silence had a voice. It was a Silence but with a voice ... It was like a song, bringing something to me that nothing in this world could bring. So, it could not be from the devil. It could not come from evil. It could not come from the evil. It could only be a divine answer for me.
When He found me, I got lighter, not heavier. I got so carefree that, at first, I did not need to keep reading the Bible so much, because the “Thing” was already coming to me, inside me. When I looked at Him, the certainty was there! And do you know what certainty was that? “He loves me! He understands me! He accepts me! When I am with Him, everything is different.” As one of you now wrote here: “What magic is this on your Presence that makes us want to laugh at our problems?”
This, here, inclines your heart to Silence, to the absence of desire and fear. Here, you have no contract to breach.
*Online meeting transcription, originally held on May 16th, 2020 - First published in Portuguese on July 22nd, 2020. For further information about the meetings and how to participate, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share!