July 13, 2021

You only have this moment

To be here is the goal. So, when you say, "now, I am going home and everything will disappear," you do not understand the purpose. The purpose of this work is this moment. You only have this moment. "Ah ... but today is Saturday and the day after tomorrow is Monday..." "Tomorrow" is already Monday and you cannot escape this moment. You are with me to learn there is only this moment, which is the goal, whether now or within a thousand days. This is the moment! Do you perceive the beauty of that!? It will not make difference for you if you learn to stay in this moment.

What attracts you to me is that as you approach, I share this moment. There is nothing to teach, to learn, to do, to accomplish; nothing to mourn or to seek. When you come, you look at my eyes, you meet me, at this moment. I bring you to this moment. There is no effort of my part, because this is the only place or the only space, the only "non-time," in which you are fine. Every time you are within time, you are in the illusion you are outside this moment. When you are like this, you are not fine, because you are not in your Natural State. Your Natural State is timeless, out of time; It is already here, now, immediately, in the present, in the present moment.

So, the purpose of this work is the work, just as the purpose of a hike is to walk. This is Meditation, Silence, Consciousness, Presence! This is God! This is Enlightenment... No one enlightened, no one self-realized... no one.

Do you see what Meditation is? It is not that thing, not at all! You have learned meditation will give you enlightenment, so you begin to meditate; you become a skilled meditator and keeps on meditating. When you are out of meditation, the mind says to you: "Go and meditate, because there will come the day a lightning will fall on your head... so continue meditating"; or it says: "This is the goal of meditation: enlightenment." But I tell this is not true. I say that Enlightenment is Meditation and It can only be now. When I say Meditation, I am talking about the absence of time, of the meditator and the goal, the purpose. Meditation is Enlightenment.

I am in Meditation! I never leave Meditation to enter into Meditation again! No! I do not do this! This is very stupid and would mean leaving this present moment and joining the fantasy of time, in the illusion of time, where the ego has a purpose, which is always to be in the future. When the ego is present, there is no Meditation, and that is stupid. I know this destroys your meditation, but your meditation is not real, for it is still the meditation of "someone." In my Meditation there is neither "you" nor "I"; There is no one. So, Meditation is to eat without "someone"; to speak without "someone"; to walk without "someone"; to listen, as now, without "someone."

You asked me yesterday, "So, are we meditating?"

Naturally! Of course! Here and now, you are meditating. You are Meditation, here and now! Look at this girl... Do you doubt that? Not even a thought going on. There is a deep, relaxed, gentle, effortless attention here and now that sweeps away all thoughts, fears and all the past. You do not remember the dog, the cat, the son, anything, anyone. You are here, now, and this is the purpose... Now, here, means there is no time; then, even a thousand of "tomorrows" from now on, you will be here; you can only be here. It is very beautiful: no past, no future, no problem, no relatives, no dog, no cat, no house, no... Your eyes shine of pure joy, of gratitude for Existence. This is your Natural State! Sat-Chit-Ananda! Happiness!

What else do you want? What else do you need? Where else can you go to? Yes, you are completely right! Do not move! Stay here... here! Today I understand that. This is fascinating, indescribable, speechless... The beauty of God! Remain silent and you will know what I am talking about.

Do you see it? This does not require effort! Look at the effort I make! I am tired, very tired ... (laughs). Do I look like tired? Do I look like tired to you? Do I look tired in order to be happy, to be at peace, to be in love? Do you think this is a very big effort of me? Do you think it is hard to me? Loving you, loving everything around me? Absolutely! This is not difficult to me. This is not difficult to you. It is a matter of focus. If the mind is in desires, in objects, its energy is in time. All this energy, which is Consciousness, is dissipated in the movement of the egoic mind. That same energy, focused, in a relaxed way, in a very relaxed attitude, in that Silence, and that's it! There is no ego. When there is no ego, there is only Love. Love for everything, Love for all. Love in everything, Love in everybody. There is only Love. Without ego, there is not you. Everything is Love, everywhere. Everything is God. Everything is God. Everything is God!

People ask me a lot of questions and one of them is: "how to remain on that?" You cannot get out of That! But when you give room to it, you create an artificial space to move around in the world of the mind, which are thoughts, imaginations, desires, things, people and objects. So, when you create this artificial space and get lost in it, you are in trouble. But if you do not get lost in this, there is no way to leave this Real Place of your True Nature that is pure Love, pure Joy and Freedom. Is it clear? As for the rest, it is up to you! You will get lost a few times... dozens, hundreds, thousands, millions of times... No problem. There is no problem, because these times are within time, but you are outside of time. Your victory is guaranteed, because you are the Buddha, you are the Christ, you are the Enlightened One, you are God! So do not give up! Do not give up! Go ahead! Look, look again and again and again! Do not give up! Do not stop!

*Presential meeting transcription held during a retreat in Tiruvannamalai city, India, on September 2016. First published in Portuguese on November, 15th, 2016. For further information about our meetings, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share!