November 23, 2022

Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi | Self-awareness | Psychological conditioning | Mindfulness

We are on an approach to understand this process, the total process of Truth about ourselves.

Our work together here is within this Self-awareness, the search for the Revelation of this Being-Consciousness. It is about the Ultimate Reality about ourselves, the Ultimate Truth about who we are. This represents the Truth of Life, the Truth of God, the Truth of the other, the Truth of all Manifestation. This means the end of suffering, the end of the contradiction of this “I,” with its many desires, dilemmas, conflicts, and problems.

Here, it is important to say the following: nobody can, no expert can give us That; no book can give us That; no external knowledge can give us That. This is something you understand within yourself when you look, when you learn to look within yourself, when you learn to look at that movement, which is the movement of the mind. This is our work together!

When It flourishes, we have the Flourishing of your Natural State of Spiritual Enlightenment. Man’s entire quest, throughout all of human history, is the quest for the Truth about who he is.

All those who were inclined to seek an end to this suffering, to this confusion, to this perplexity that is human life, that has become human life...

So, throughout all of human history, those who have turned, those who have inclined towards this quest, towards this search, have been in this quest for Truth, in this quest for God.

This is the true search for Spirituality, for the encounter with something greater than that condition known to all of us: loneliness, boredom, annoyance, nuisance, violence, desires, fears, apparent external accomplishments, which do not internally create a condition of peace, of completeness, of satisfaction.

So, there is always this restlessness, this dissatisfaction, this lack of something. The Realization of the Truth about your Self is the Realization of the Truth about God. The point is that no expert, no technician, no book can give us That. We have to study ourselves; we have to understand this process.

The “I” process cannot be shown to us by anyone, by any expert, by any book.

We are the ones who have to see this, look inside ourselves, see this.

What we can do here, together, at this moment, is to share it with you, based on my experience in this inner work of Self-Realization. This happened until this Natural State was defined here, within a process taking 21 years, in this contact with my Master, with Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi.

And now I'm sharing it here with you, saying that Realization is possible, looking at What You are, but it is you who does that. You look at every thought, at every feeling, at every emotion, at every sensation present, and it is necessary for you to discover that there is no identity present in that experience – in the experience of thinking, in the experience of feeling, in the experience of perceiving the external world, in the experience of relating with the other, with life, with the world... realizing that there is no identity present in this.

In our relationships, we are capable of discovering the contradiction, this element of duality, this “I” with the other, this “I” with thought, this “I” with feeling, this “I” with emotion.

This duality… This is where reactivity is present, the reaction, the reaction of not liking, which sustains conflict, and the reaction of liking, which also sustains conflict.

You see, conflict – and here, conflict is this struggle, this contradiction – occurs because there is this sense of “I” present in this experience. This “like” is conflicting. It denotes desire, possession, attachment and therefore fear... in this “like.” In this “dislike”... In this “ I like you,” we have that. In this “I do not like you,” “me and you”... In this “not liking,” there is conflict, disagreement, discrepancy, separateness, segregation, rejection.

So, either you love me or you hate me. And in this so-called “love” or “hate,” the element of contradiction is always present, which is the “I” element, the ego. Our actions, because they are born from this background of psychological conditioning, from the response of this “I,” in the life of this “I” with the other, of this “I” with the world... This response is always a response of illusion, of ignorance, therefore of contradiction and suffering.

Our life has been anchored based on memory, remembrances, recollections. I don't have an adequate response to that instant, to that moment, to that encounter with you, a response free of attachment, desire and fear, because all that response, in that contact with you at that moment, comes from this background of psychological conditioning, this “I,” this “me,” this “like,” “dislike,” this “desire,” this “hate,” this “love”...

I don't know if this sounds confusing to you. The fact is that there is no Love in our relationships, because they are all centered on this “me,” on this “I,” on this ego-identity.

What is this “I,” this “me"? It’s this whole background of psychological conditioning, this idea about who I am, the image I have about who I am.

If I like the image I have of who you are, I like you; If I don't like that image of who you are, I don't like you.

And when this “like” is based on this dependence on mutual appreciation, on a relationship based on an image, which is a background of psychological conditioning present here and there, when this is present, the illusion is present, the conflict is present, the contradiction is present.

Nobody can help us to get rid of this condition. We have to learn to look at what we are here and now. Here, we're just sharing with you that it’s possible and how this, in a way, is simple in that understanding, though, in practice, it demands tremendous energy from each one of us – observing the thoughts, the images that arise in this contact, observing my demands, my needs, my desires, my expectations, everything projected within this relationship.

Therefore, to see this self-centeredness, this self-interest, this ego-centered activity of this “me” with which I am always confusing myself, identifying myself, realizing this is to get rid of the illusion of this ego, this “me.”

Only when that is absent is Love present, the Truth of Love present. This is possible when there is Self-awareness.

Meditation is this way of getting closer to ourselves – I am referring here to True Meditation, in a practical, experiential way. Looking at each thought that arises, each feeling that arises, each emotion that arises, perceiving the sense of an “I” present asking, demanding, expecting something, seeking something, within that egoic expectation... Perceiving this, when looking and seeing this identification, that present identity, and let go of that identity, let go of that false center, that false “me.”

So, it is possible to have this encounter with this Reality, which is the Divine Reality, which is the Reality of God. Then, the search for happiness ends, the search for peace, love, freedom ends, because That which is You, in your Being, reveals Itself, free of ego, free of this sense of “I,” free of this background of psychological conditioning, free of that image, free of the illusion of that present identity.

So, our purpose together here is to look at That which we are. Here, together, we can talk about it, go deeper into it, see what happens, look inside each one of us in this relationship with the other, perceive this illusory element, just perceive... We don't need to do anything, just be aware of it, conscious of it.

When you separate yourself to do something with what you see – and you separate when you believe you can change it – you are in an illusion. If there is envy in that relationship and you believe you can get rid of envy, you have already separated yourself from the experience. This separateness is the very illusion of an identity separating itself from the state of envy. This duality sustains the state itself.

When there is envy, it is only envy, there is no identity; when there is desire, it is only desire, there is no “someone” with desire; when there is fear, it is only fear, there is no “someone” afraid. That “someone” is the illusion of the ego. It appears to support the state of envy, fear, desire in this relationship.

Having the ability to approach it without separating, just staying with it here and now… There is only fear, there is only envy, there is only desire, there is only thought, there is only feeling, there is only emotion, there is no “someone” present to be apart. This requires tremendous energy of Consciousness, of Presence.

This is how we approach True Meditation in practice. We do not place a present identity in this experience, and when that happens, that energy itself – which we are calling envy, jealousy, desire, fear – undergoes a profound change, a profound transformation.

It is when the sense of “I” is no longer nurtured in that experience so that experience dissolves.

This is giving up the “I,” the ego.

Learning about yourself is only possible in that look, in that approach. So, in that way, we discover, in ourselves, what this “I” is.

The “I” is an idea, memory, envy, desire, fear, attachment, image, in this relationship with the other. When that “I” is seen, it is undone by that very Intelligence, by that very Consciousness, by that very Perception.

That Energy of Attention on that movement brings an end… that Energy itself brings an end to that sense of separateness, that “me” in the experience, so the experience dissolves, the egoic experience dissolves. And when the egoic experience dissolves, the “I” disappears.

In fact, with the disappearance of the “I,” this experience itself disappears.

This is no longer being fed, fed back by this unconsciousness, because you are bringing Attention to this moment.

This Attention is based on Self-awareness – this look at what we are here and now. Then, there comes this Energy of Mindfulness.

That Mindfulness dissolves that sense of separateness, that sense of duality between me and you, between me and this pain, between me and this sadness, between me and that envy, me and that fear, me and that desire. Notice what we are saying: you apply that Attention, that Presence, that Awareness, to any internal related to what is outside or to what is inside.

This is the way to approach fear, envy, anxiety, worry; this is the way to approach what we are here and now. So, there is a break to that illusion. If it can be seen, it can be undone. The problem is that we are always strengthening the sense of a present “I” because we are not aware of it when it appears, when it arises.

The habit of humans is to maintain this continuity, the continuity of the “I,” of the ego. This is due to this inattention.

When we place Attention on this movement, it shows itself, it reveals itself, and this very Presence, this very Consciousness, this very Energy of Attention undoes, explodes, makes the illusion of the “I,” of a present identity evaporate.

Then, this “I” explodes, this illusion of an identity is completely annulled here and now.

So, we are facing Life, facing Presence, facing Reality, which is the Divine Reality, which is the Reality of Being.

Spiritual Awakening, Spiritual Enlightenment, is the Recognition of your Divine, Essential Nature, which is Pure Being, Pure Consciousness. But now, in this moment, we are dealing with what is shown, with what is presented, and what is presented now is this sense of “I,” of ego, of “me,” of separateness, of duality. We put Attention into it, Presence into it – that is the direct work of Meditation, in a practical, experiential way.

So, understand this. We are together to look at what is here, and when you look at what is here, it vanishes, it disappears, because this is the illusion of a present identity that, when seen, is gone.

Therefore, Self-realization, Spiritual Awakening, is the Flourishing of that Divine Nature of yours, of that Essential Nature of yours.

This is the subject here on our channel. If this is something that makes sense to you, leave your “like” there, subscribe to the channel… I want to remind you: we have online meetings and also face-to-face meetings and also retreats, where we can work on this together. OK?

The invitation remains, and until the next meeting.

November, 2022
Gravatá-PE, Brazil
Further information

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share!