December 3, 2021

You are not here to suffer

I was 24 years old when I came across my Master. Today I can put This into words for you, but I did not receive it from His words. I received it only from His look.

Everything I can share with you here is more in Silence than in words. It is more in my eyes than in my mouth since that was how This was shared with me.

Since I was a child I was prone to this search. All my upbringing and childhood were at church. So, I didn't really appreciate this messy life a lot of kids my age had. I got married when I was 19. I got married early since I didn't want to live up to a messy life. I felt if I become a family man, I would have the chance to have an encounter with the Divine, with God.

There was a search here for something beyond this world. I prayed, I spoke to God, then my Master appeared. What I'm telling you here is what I'm living today because, by his Divine Grace, everything is different. Why am I telling you this? Because you are not here to suffer. Nobody is! People don't know this, but you are being warned and advised: you don't need to live like this.

Everything you are looking for is what any human being is also looking for. I was still a child and I realized that. Everything we do or try to do is basically to feel good, to be happy. But we have a very stupid inclination – human being carries a stupid naivety. It is not that innocence of the one who is curious to discover and discern. We have a stupid naivety. We try it once and it doesn't work, then we try again. That's why people get married again and again! They are stubborn since they believe it will be different the second, third or fourth time around.

So, it seems that we have this conditioning. We are educated and raised like that. This needs to be broken! This pattern, this conditioning, needs to be broken! You need to Awaken, and This is something that happens naturally when there is an inclination towards an intelligent life, which is a life without conflict, without fear, beliefs, without being led, induced by others to live as they live, to do what they do, to want what they want, to seek what they seek, to give up, too, because they give up.

So, welcome to this place, to this space. In India, it is called "Satsang," an association with the Real, with Reality, with the Truth of who You are. You are so involved in thoughts, feelings, emotions, seeking sensations... When you arrive in Satsang, I work on that with you, so that you discredit what thought says, what feeling says, what emotion says.

You need to trust something internally, bigger than the mind, bigger than these stories thought creates and feelings produce about this "little person" you believe you are, about this story you believe you are living, about this world you believe is real.

So, my emphasis is that you discover the deep meaning of a mind-free life. Mind is total conflict! Every problem is inside your head. Your whole world is inside your head. You produce this all the time, all day long, every day! Then you don't rest. You take medicine and you can sleep, but at night you dream, and there problems appear again. There is no Joy, there is no Beauty, there is no Silence, there is no Meditation, there is no Consciousness!

This is my specialty! Some people are great football players, others are average players, but they are also players, and some are real phenomena. This goes for any sport. I wasn't born to play soccer, but I know how to look at you and say "see, being Happy is possible. Realizing God in this life is possible."

Whether we like it or not, this approach to the Divine is a kind of flirtation, a kind of courtship of God. It's just like that. Actually, we are kind of conquered by His Grace, by His Beauty, by His Truth. Isn't it so? We are kind of touched by something out of this world. We don't know what it is, but we know It's there.

That's why I say this is not a meeting for you to learn things. It's like taking a walk out of the world, of this mind's world, of this world of the head. You've been listening to me, for example, for a few minutes, but during this time, you haven't had any sense that there's an incentive for you to go out and be a better person, a successful person, a fulfilled person, a powerful person… No! You listen to me and the feeling you get is that you don't know, but you feel, somehow, that I'm pointing out something outside of this world's condition people are living in the mind.

So, see this: if you're willing to realize This now, you can't give This up, you can't swap This, you can't let anything ward you off from This, you can't let anything be greater than This, because This is your purpose, your unique purpose. You were born to realize God. You were born to realize the Truth.

So, stop listening to what the mind says. Stop believing what people say to you, good and bad, since it doesn't matter if it's your mind talking inside your head or if it's people's minds talking through their mouths. Do you see?

Human beings have this stupid naivety, as I've just said, of believing in what thought says. Not only in thought inside their head but especially in what is verbalized in others' head. The world of the mind is chaos. There is a lot of conflicts, a lot of disorder, and a lot of suffering, because there is no Truth.

*Online meeting transcription originally held on February 24th, 2021. First published in Portuguese on April 16th, 2021. For further information about our meetings, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share!