Here, in my view, this comprehension, this possibility, is fundamental. I'm referring to the possibility of this mind being free from the "I"-this sense of the present "I," this "me," this "person" here. In reality, we are dealing with a suggestion of thought. Therefore, is it possible, at this moment, to stop projecting, desiring, experiencing from this "I"?
Note that our experiences, all the experiences of this "I," end up representing complete confusion, disorder, a complete negation of this real encounter with life as it truly is. However, we call this true action, real action; this is what we consider our positive action, which is exactly the action of the person, of this "me."
Here, in life, discovering the truth about this means undoing this entire process, which means getting rid of this condition. Can we get rid of this "I," this "me"? Can we get rid of this model of action that we consider as true action, as real action, for a new action? An action that is no longer born from the known model and, therefore, from thought, and that is in line with life as it happens. In my view, this is action free from problems.
However, this requires reaching this "I," this center, this ego, this "person." By touching this, we can go beyond it. So, we need to reach this "I," to become aware of its movement. In my view, this is the true presence of Meditation. What is Meditation? Meditation is going to this root and freeing oneself from it. It is the presence of this learning about ourselves, this learning about Self-awareness that brings us closer to it.
Therefore, it is not about the practice of meditation. The practice of meditation is still the projection of this "I" within a purpose. When you sit down to meditate, there is the person practicing meditation. This is not Real Meditation. No matter the technique or method you employ, you will still be projecting yourself into a technique or practice. The presence of Meditation is the investigation of the nature of the "I."
True Meditation, Real Meditation, which I have called Real Practical Meditation, is different from the practice of meditation. Real Meditation in practice is about going to that root, touching that "I," becoming aware of its own movement. This reveals that the movement of the "I" is the movement of the ego, the movement of this self-centeredness, the presence of the mind moving between the past and the future for "me."
Reaching the root of the "I" is comprehending this entire process, which is exactly what determines this dissolution: the dissolution of the ego, the dissolution of this sense of "I," the dissolution of this sense of separation. We have attempted this through mystical, esoteric, or religious practices and techniques. Some have offered this to us in an attempt to change, to alter this condition of the "I."
The thought present is still based on the idea of ??an entity here, so we talk about this "lower self" or this "higher self," moving from this "human self" to this "divine self," but it's still the idea of ??a present entity separate from life itself, separate from the present reality here and now, because we are within a project, a movement of achieving, of becoming.
A direct, real work of comprehending the truth about ourselves, in this learning about ourselves, in this learning about Self-awareness, consists in looking at what is present here. When this look doesn't interfere, when this perception doesn't project an identity onto this becoming, this "coming to be," we have an answer to the question - "What is meditation?" - because what is present here is revealed when this past, which is the "I," the ego, has lost its importance.
So, to look at the thought, at the feeling, at the sensation, without placing a present entity; Looking at your gestures, words, your tone of voice, looking at what happens externally and internally, without placing an entity to judge, like, dislike, or make comparisons; it's simply looking, it's simply perceiving. So, this brings you closer to a real encounter with something outside the "I," outside the ego, outside the mind.
Our question, the question every human being asks, is whether this possibility of having this encounter with Divine Truth exists, if it is truly real. If so, where is this encounter? How do we find God? How can we have an encounter with God? Your encounter with God is not the encounter of the person you are, the person you believe yourself to be, with what thought in you imagines God to be. Your true encounter with God consists in the Revelation of the Truth about yourself.
Looking directly at the movement of thought, of feeling, of sensation, becoming aware of each and every inner movement in there, in your mind, this eliminates that conditioned model of feeling and thinking about yourself, about life, about the other. Then, yes, this encounter reveals itself. You come face-to-face with That which You are in your Essential Nature, in your Divine Nature.
Therefore, your real encounter with God is the encounter with the Truth of yourself. First, you come face-to-face with the truth about the person, and this dissolves in that instant; that is when the Reality of your Being is revealed. Therefore, there is the truth about the person, and there is the Reality of this Being; this is the encounter with God.
The presence of Self-awareness is the vision of something beyond the "I." There is no separation whatsoever between the truth of this learning about ourselves and the presence of Meditation in a real way, here and now, in practice. Discarding the idea of someone, of this "me," of this "person," is something entirely different from this person in the practice of meditation.
This person in the practice of meditation is the projection of this ideal, of this state of meditation for "me," for the "I," whereas, in reality, the presence of Meditation is this state free of the "I." You do not practice this; you do not involve yourself in a technique or practice.
The movement in practice, for the one who practices, is the movement apprehended, kept in knowledge, in memory, still of the "I," of this "I" in the exercise, of this "I" in the practice, whereas the truth of Meditation is exactly the nullification of this "I," the end of the continuity of the meditator, of the practitioner, of the seeker.
When in the mind there is this space, when in the heart there is this space, the presence of comprehension, lucidity, and clarity of vision are present, show themselves present, and thus we come face-to-face with that which here is this Reality. But your particular way of looking at life is always from this background of memory, of recollections, of remembrances; it is always from the model of thought, which keeps recognizing experiences for this experiencer. This is what has been preventing you from looking at the moment without the past, from looking at the moment without this "I," which is the thinker, which is the experiencer.
The Truth about the Reality of God, this encounter with Him, resides in perceiving life without this background, without this pattern of conditioning. There is no separation that is real, as thought is producing in us as a suggestion, as a belief; that is not real. There is no real separation between the Reality of this Being, the Truth of Life, and the Presence of God. In this clarity of Self-awareness, there is this vision of Meditation.
Your Natural State of Being is Love, Freedom, Happiness. What people call "the practice of meditation" is something that gives them the result of practice; the result of practice is what thought projects, and what thought projects as peace it achieves or experience it has, is still within the known.
The presence of Meditation is not a willful, conscious action of someone. When the presence of Meditation is there, consciousness as we know it, the mind as we know it, does not exist. This new space is something outside the known. The Reality of this Being is Real Consciousness for this mind free from this psychological background. So, what we call mind or consciousness here is something different from what we know.
The question is: How can we approach it? There is only one real way to approach it: It is to look at this instant, simply look at this instant, listen to this moment, simply listen to this moment. Just as life happens externally, with its events and happenings, incidents and accidents, just as life happens internally, when a thought arises or a feeling or a sensation, to look at life as it happens, without rejecting, without making evaluations, without making comparisons, without introducing an element that judges, approves or disapproves life as it is-that is the way.
Thus, the presence of this learning about Self-awareness consists in this Attention, this looking at this instant, without this sensor, without this one that makes choices, that makes decisions like: "I want" or "I don't want." In this way, we nullify the sense of this "I" that projects itself. Dissatisfied with what life is, it projects itself onto what it desires to be, desires to obtain, or desires to get rid of. All this misfortune of being someone, all this unhappiness of sustaining oneself in life by separating oneself from it as a person, is present in all of us because of ignorance.
We were not educated, taught to look at ourselves, to become aware that it is not life that is the problem, but rather this sense of "I," with all its background of memory, of conditioning, that is the element, that is the problem, that is the continuity of this story, of this memory, of this past. Therefore, this self-discovery, this revelation, is the Truth of this encounter with God.
So, how to find God? It consists in this complete emptying of all this old content, which is the content of the "I." The true Divine Life, the Real Religious Life, is the vision of the moment, the vision of the Reality of what is present here; this gaze is the free gaze of this mind that is outside the known, that is outside time. You were born to live this Presence in this life, this perception of Reality, this quality of Intelligence, of comprehending this moment.
Therefore, this is what we're working on together with you on weekends. We have two online sessions: Saturday and Sunday. I want to extend an invitation to you. It's an opportunity for us to be together, looking at all of this and working directly on it. Besides these online weekend meetings, we also have in-person meetings and retreats. In the video description, you'll find the WhatsApp link to participate in these online weekend meetings. So, if this makes sense to you, here's an invitation. Give a like to this video, subscribe to the channel, and comment: "Yes, this makes sense." Okay? See you soon! Thanks for the meeting and until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment