March 22, 2023

The psychological conditioning | Self-observation, Self-awareness | Thoughts and internal disorder

After all, what are we seeing together here? What we are seeing together here is the Truth for the end of confusion, for this psychological confusion – here I mean this confusion of the “I,” of this “me.” What we are seeing together here is the possibility of an end to all forms of suffering. However, to have a true appreciation of this we have to understand how we work, how our mind works. What is the mind? What is thought? How do we work internally? What is this “I,” this model of thought that we bring? It is this model of mental consciousness that we know. So, there’s this “I,” this “me,” this “person,” with this set of remembrances, recollections, memories, living inside this body, having these human experiences and inside this tremendous confusion.

We do not know ourselves. Some of us have this inclination of that quest, which is the quest for spirituality. It is curious to use the expression “spirituality,” because it is so tangled up with a series of strange things that is used to defend different types of ideas, beliefs, superstitions, experiences so-called “esoteric” or experiences so-called “mystics,” the contact with aliens, and so on. So, there is this search for something beyond this confusion and some of us walk the path of this so-called “spirituality.” I don't know exactly what you mean by spirituality, because we have all this paraphernalia, all this “salad” of things connected with that term.

Here I want to invite you to Self-awareness, to the understanding of the Truth about your Being, about your True Nature. This clarifies the Truth of That which is you. We need an emptying of all this content of knowledge, experiences, memories, and remembrances, which form this identity, this “me,” this “I.” All of this is nothing more than programming, internal conditioning, which I have called psychological conditioning.

So, thoughts in us are all anchored basically in memory. We are, in this body and mind, the result of memory. So. the past, which is memory, which is thought… this is the result: we are that, in that condition of egoic mind or mental consciousness – or egoic consciousness as I usually call it.

We need to discover something entirely new. Here, I am referring to the Truth about who we are, which becomes clear when there is an emptying of all this content, the discovery of this “I.” Who am I"? Or what is this “I” that “I” am or that “I” believe I am? What is the truth about this “me"? So, our work here is through self-inquiry or self-investigation: looking at what we are, looking at this entire movement of thought in us – thought, feeling, emotion, sensation, perception, and this sense of reality. What is that? Who is this for? Who am “I?” What does this model of anxiety present here mean, of boredom, distress, and worry? What am I doing here? Will Life be just that: desire, fear, worry, anxiety, anguish, memories, remembrances, frustrations, a few moments of pleasure, fulfillment, joy, and satisfaction? But this is so brief.

We wake up at night and, in the middle of the night, we realize that we are awake and still lying in bed and we find ourselves, suddenly, awake and thoughts spinning inside our heads and producing all kinds of internal disorder, anguish, affliction and concern. We were sleeping and suddenly we found ourselves awake. There is a desire to go back to sleep and this doesn’t happen, because the volume of thought is too great and memories associated with feelings still come, and all of this is basically the past. “I don't know how to deal with it,” “I don't know what it means, what it represents.” So, we spend thirty, forty, fifty, seventy years of our lives laden with problems, wanting thoughts to solve them.

Thought is the closest thing we have, the most intimate thing, the tool we believe to be most effective for solving problems. And then we try, through thought itself, to solve problems. We don't actually realize that thoughts are the ones that bring problems. It was a thought that woke you up at night, it was a thought that triggered itself. It triggered images, pictures, memories, distressing recollections, and there is this sense of an “I” present wanting to get rid of this condition.

Is it possible for us to realize the Truth about who we are? Is it possible to discover the Truth of our Being? What I am saying is that thought in us is producing this, it is limited, it is within its design to do one thing only: that one thing is to produce thoughts. It doesn't care about that “me,” that “I” that you believe you are. For your information, thought is that “me,” the “I” that you believe yourself to be. That’s why you can't get rid of thoughts, because you are the one who is being the thought, disguised in this “me,” in this “I,” producing these very thoughts.

I don't know if it got confusing. What I am saying is that thought creates the thinker, thought creates this “I” that you are confused with. So, you get this identity of that “I” from thought and then thought, which creates problems, wants to get rid of thoughts. I have been told that this is the thief disguised as a policeman to arrest the thief. So, when thought, which is the thief, disguises itself as a policeman, that doesn't solve it. It will never arrest that thief, because iy is the villain, it is the criminal.

Do you understand that?

In us, this movement of thought needs to be seen and unmasked, and it is only unmasked, it is only seen when there is this real interest in approaching experience without rejecting that experience, without fighting against that experience, without fighting against what arises.

So, we are now taking the most important step towards the Truth of revealing ourselves. We have to look at it, approach it, study ourselves here, right now. See what’s going on: the thoughts, the feelings, the emotions, the sensations, all that heaviness, discomfort, everything that comes up. This comes from that center which is this “I,” this “me,” which is nothing other than thought itself. And here, when I refer to thought, I mean this whole set of images, memories, and remembrances that we have in ourselves. Some of them are apparent and easily accessible, at a conscious level or closer to us. Another set of thoughts may be at a deeper, hidden level – what some call the unconscious. So, on a conscious or unconscious level, this set – this trunk of memories, of remembrances, of recollections – is this set of thoughts creating an identity, which is the “I,” and saying that the “I” has to get rid of it to be happy.

So, there is this search of the “I” for happiness, this search of the “I” for freedom from negative emotions, from negative thoughts, from everything that the “I” considers bad for itself. The behavior of the “I,” of this “me,” of this ego in each one of us is curious. What it loves, what it appreciates, it wants to keep and what it despises, it wants to get rid of. But what it appreciates is still part of what it still wants to get rid of. I will clarify this. We want to defend all forms of fulfillment and satisfaction, but these fulfillments and satisfactions of the “I” are attachments in this egoic consciousness, which, in reality, also represent in the short, medium and long term suffering; that is, what the ego itself still wants to get rid of. So, we live within this internal contradiction, in this movement of the “I,” of the ego. Looking at it, examining it, is not introspection, it is not self-analysis, but looking, just looking and seeing, without putting a present identity to try to change, alter, fix or adjust that, but look.

This is the true form of Self-awareness, of approaching Self-realization. Looking at what is happening here and now, without judging, without condemning, without rejecting, without fighting against, without also holding, defending, trying to protect what is part of the psychological conditioning, which is part of this mental consciousness, this egoic consciousness. All this is seen when you bring awareness to yourself. To be aware of yourself here and now, in this instant, to whatever is arising, appearing, without separating from it – and one ends up separating oneself, I repeat, when one fights against it, one separates oneself from it, when one identifies with and try to hold on it so that it belongs to this “me,” this “I” –, but to look, observe, without getting confused, without identifying and without rejecting whatever is appearing. Then, that self-observation gives you Self-awareness, and in this Self-awareness True Meditation is revealed, the contact with the Truth of your Being, the contact with the Reality of your Essential Nature, free of that sense of “I,” of the ego of the “me.”

So, our proposal for you is to look at this, to examine this closely, go beyond this. That which is nameless, That which is formless, That which is outside of time, That which is outside the body, the mind, the world, is exactly what reveals itself when the Truth of God, which is your Being, which is you in your Natural State of Happiness, of Truth, of Love, and Peace, is shown. This is Spiritual Enlightenment, Spiritual Awakening.

So, this is the subject we work on together within this channel. As I've been saying: if it’s something that makes sense, leave your like. Yes, leave your “like” and subscribe to the channel. I want to remind you: we have online and face-to-face meetings, and also retreats where we can work on this together. OK?

Here’s the invitation for you and we'll see you in the next one! OK? Thanks for the meeting and see you soon!

February, 2023
Gravatá-PE, Brazil
Further information

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share!