October 18, 2023

How to overcome suffering? What is suffering? What is thought? Conditioned mind. Duality.

The question is: “How to get rid of suffering or how to overcome suffering?” Here, we are before a very intriguing question or two questions. We need to understand the truth of suffering. What is its structure? What is its nature? What is the real basis of suffering? This attempt on our desire to get rid of, to situate ourselves free from suffering is interesting. It is interesting because we want to be free of it; we want to be free of suffering without first understanding what suffering is.

The point here is that we cannot have an approach to what suffering is, what is its structure, nature, and basis without first approaching an understanding of the truth of the one who suffers. Who is this one who suffers? We do not ask ourselves. We ask how can “I” get rid of this suffering? I do not ask what this “I” is. I have no interest in investigating the nature of the “I,” that is, of the one who suffers. Not understanding the truth about this “I” who suffers makes it impossible to understand the truth about suffering.

We live, for example, as separate from each other, with ideas, concepts, opinions, and particular visions on this or that other subject. That is something very private in each of us that separates one from another. We are separate as human creatures. As human creatures, we live apart from each other, from life and ourselves.

We do not know what this present thought is for this “I” that is separated from it – or at least it sees itself as an entity separated from it. For example, we have the idea “I'm thinking,” so there is this “I,” the thinker, separate from that thought, this “I” separate from him or her and life. This separation, this division, the presence of this “I” that sees itself separate from itself, from what arises as thoughts, emotions, feelings, this “I” that says “I feel, I think,” “I see,” ” You and me,” “Me and him,” “life and I,” this “I” this “me” is the sense of a present identity that is separating itself.

Here, we have the central element of the structure, nature, and basis of all human suffering: the “I.” “I ” have my religion, and you have your religion. I have my idea, and you have your idea. We are separate: in this separation, there is, of course, conflict. “I am a Christian, you are a Buddhist, he is a Muslim,” “I am a Catholic, you are an Evangelical, he is a Spiritist,” “I believe this, you believe that, and they believe something else,” we are thus separated, divided; and in this separation there is naturally conflict, divergence, friction, suffering.

We do not know how to deal with thought because we have this “I” who does not know what thought is, and thoughts oppress us. Notice that we have a restless, chatty mind, and there is a movement of thought that we do not know how it works in us. From the viewpoint of feelings, we feel, but we do not know what feelings are; we do not know how to deal with feelings, thoughts, emotions, and others. We do not perceive that this “other” separate from this “me,” this “I” is something that is sustaining, in this division, this or that other form of conflict and, therefore, of suffering.

So, what is the nature of suffering? The non-understanding of the truth of this “I” who separates itself from life and the other, politically, religiously, philosophically, psychologically, and existentially. This “I” in “me,” this “me” that is the self-centered “I” in an egocentric position in life, in living, is anguish, anxiety, depression, mental confusion, psychological, emotional, religious, philosophical, and political disorder. All of this is the suffering of the human being; it is human suffering, and “my suffering.”

So, what is the structure, the basis, the nature of the suffering? It is the sufferer, the sense of “someone” present, who, when faced with life as it is, is faced with life based on ideas, ideological, psychological, and religious formulations. Then, our concepts and prejudices make us separatist creatures, living a self-centered private life and, therefore, suffering. Psychologically, internally, we are overloaded with these thoughts in the restlessness of a brain that is programmed to move automatically, unconsciously, in a movement of insanity, dealing with thoughts, emotions, and feelings chaotically.

So, we live in the future psychologically speaking, and this living in the future represents this weight of anxiety. We live in the past, and this life, in the past, is the illusion of “someone” here and now, present at this moment with a story they want to get rid of. This suffering is the depression. This present moment is not understood as it is because there is this weight, all this restlessness about what to do, what not to do, how to deal with the “other,” how to deal with this “me,” how to deal with myself, with this sense of an “I.” The condition at the moment is one of stress. Then, we have anxiety, depression, stress, this or that form of suffering due to the presence of the one who suffers, which is the “I.” Do you get that? Do you follow that? Can we see this together here? Are you with me?

This sense of a present identity, which is this “I,” the ego, is the root, the fundamental issue, the structure, and the nature of suffering. To have an approach, a new look at this movement of life requires a free mind, an unconditioned mind because this is how we live our lives: we have a conditioned mind. The brain is part of this conditioned mind, our intellect trained, and our way of evaluating, judging, comparing, accepting, or rejecting occurs in us in a very restricted, limited, conditioned way due to this set of ideas, preconceived evaluations, concepts acquired within this culture, this society, this world.

So, our brain is trained to move within this conditioning pattern; a conditioned brain and mind, a completely wrong way of approaching the “other” and life's challenges. Adverse, arduous, complicated situations are, in reality, challenging situations. They are arduous, adverse, and complicated because of this conditioned brain. This inability to deal with the experience of the present moment is a challenge for a conditioned mind and brain. Then, meeting this challenge within this limitation, in this absence of Real Intelligence, of Real Consciousness, is configured as suffering, as a condition of life and existence that is conflictual and afflictive.

So, you see, the answer to the question “How to get rid of suffering or how to overcome the suffering?” lies in understanding the nature of the “I,” the ego. Without the Real basis, which is Self-Awareness, without the singular and unique Truth of Real Meditation in an experiential way, here and now, it is impossible. As long as the sense of an “I” that sees itself as separate from life, separate from Existence, as long as the sense of an “I” present continues to see itself as separate, as long as the sense of an “I” continues to see itself as an entity separate from itself, as that “I,” the thinker, is separated from thoughts, the one that feels separate from its own feelings, from its emotions, the one that sees itself as the “I” separate from the other, as long as this “I” is present, there will be suffering.

As long as there is no understanding of this element, which is the separatist element that sustains this sense of duality, duality will be present. In this psychological duality, in this sense of an identity separate from the “other,” from life, from these internal representations of thoughts, feelings, emotions, sensations, and perceptions, as long as this is present, suffering will be present; then, our life, from beginning to end, will always be a life of problems and therefore, of suffering.

Here, I want to invite you to a life free from this “I,” the ego, and therefore free from suffering. The Reality of your Being, the Reality of God, does not carry suffering. It is not about overcoming or getting rid of suffering; it is about understanding the illusion of this “I.” That is the end for the sufferer and, therefore, the truth about the end of suffering. The truth about overcoming suffering, the truth about getting rid of the suffering is the truth of going beyond this “I,” of abandoning this illusion of this sense of a separated identity, which means the end of the ego, which is constituted here as the end of the “I.” Some call this the Spiritual Awakening, the Realization of God.

So, here with you, we are working on that, showing you the Truth of the Revelation of your own Being. At the end of this illusion, becoming aware of this “I,” there is an end to this illusion, and the end of this illusion of this sense of an “I” that suffers is where the Freedom of not suffering lies, the Freedom from this issue of suffering.

We are working on this with you in online meetings on weekends, investigating and deepening this with you. Our WhatsApp link is here in the description of the video, so you can join in, get closer to these meetings, and work with us on weekends. We also have face-to-face meetings and retreats. Okay?

If this is something that makes sense to you, please leave a comment in the video description: “Yes, it makes sense,” leave your “like” and subscribe to the channel. See you, okay? Thanks for meeting us, see you next time!

September, 2023
Gravatá-PE, Brazil
Further information

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share!