April 21, 2023

The egoic mind | Self-awareness is the foundation | Egocentrism | The psychological pains

OK! The subject is: problems, “our human problems.” Who are these problems for? I want to invite you to verify this, that there are no problems in life. Every problem is present for the one who has the problem. Who is this that has the problem?

When you were born, you had contact with the world, you already faced a challenge: breathing outside the womb. So far everything was fine or seemed to be fine, until the moment of breathing outside the womb became a problem. So, what we in fact call as problems are changes that occur in this “private life of ours.” Life does not carry problems, but “our particular life,” from birth, from the moment we leave the womb until the end of our days, will be constituted by problems. Now let’s replace the word “problem” here with “challenge.” So, from birth to the end of our days, we will face new challenges.

Life is something happening right now. Life, as it turns out, has no problems, it presents challenges. It is always the particular idea of ​​“someone” present in life who has problems. When we are faced with unexpected situations – unusual, not usual –, some of these situations are pleasant and others are painful, some are simple and others are complicated; the painful and complicated we call problems, but it’s always a challenge that life has to show us. Show to whom? To “me,” this “I,” this “myself.” Do you understand it?

It is the sense of a present “I,” this “I” is located or is placing itself in life as the center of its own experiences or challenges. And when this center, which is the “I,” is faced with experiences or challenges, it he sees itself apart from it. And when it sees itself apart from it, what is painful, complicated or difficult is the problem, and what is pleasant, satisfying and fulfilling is not a problem. But in one way or another, always this sense of an “I” – of this “me,” of this “myself” – present within these diverse experiences will be separating itself into pleasure and pain. Here I mean psychological pleasure and pain – psychological pain, psychological pleasure – because physically the body has this neurophysiological structure for pleasure and pain, but it is not the body we are dealing with

Here. We are dealing with this sense of “I,” of this “me,” of the idea of ​​“someone” present being the center of its own experiences.

So, here we have an approach to this ego issue, this sense of “I”: “I love you, but I don't like her, I don't like him.” So, this sense of an “I” present separate and living in this “pleasure” and “pain,” psychologically, in this “like” and “dislike,” psychologically. When there is that “like,” that “I” says: “I love you”; when there is not the “liking,” but the displeasure of the presence of the other – it is not the pleasure of the presence of the other, it is not the liking of the presence of the other, it is the displeasure of the other, it is the non-pleasure with the presence of the other – , this “I” says: “I don't like you,” “I don't love you.”

So, what we call “love” in our relationships is an illusion that is based on satisfaction, on pleasure, on fulfillment on some level. When that “I,” that “ego,” that “me” is attended to, fulfilled intellectually, emotionally, physically, sexually, affectively, he calls it “love.” But when that is denied, that is no longer love, something else is present, it is no longer the “I like it,” the “I love you,” it is: “I don't want to know about him,” “I don't want to know about her,” “ Not a good person for ‘me'” – that becomes a problem. So, apparently there was no problem in this “love,” and now we have the problem in this “love.” Where is the difference?

So, our life is made up of innumerable problems. There are many problems in our life, so there are many problems in human life for the human being, because the human mind, this sense of a present “I,” this whole background of experiences, remembrances, memories, recollections, experiences since leaving the womb until today, you are fifteen, twenty-five, thirty, sixty, eighty years old: many problems.

Psychologically, internally, the “I” is made up of problems – this “me” –, because even what gives him pleasure, satisfaction and fulfillment, which he says he likes, carries the opposite and we have just seen that now. So, pleasure for the “I” has displeasure, joy [has] sadness, love [has] hate, or the aggressive forms of hate in its various forms, which we also still call love. Spite is something like that. Indifference is something like that. Jealousy has that quality, envy has that quality, and we say: “I love it.” In fact, “I envy it.” “I love it,” actually: “I feel like I own it,” possessor of this thing, which is possession. What produces envy, jealousy: that cannot be love.

So, our life, from cradle to grave, is full of problems. Life does not carry problems, there is not a single problem in life. Life is what it is, and it is made up of challenges, but the “I,” the “me,” “our life,” which is the life of the “me,” which is the mind, is full of problems. So, in life there are no problems, but in the mind, there is no shortage of problems. There is not a single problem in life; in the mind, there is not a single problem-free space – what we call the “egoic mind,” the sense of a present “I” separating itself from the experience and seeking in that experience to be filled, to be reciprocated, to be attended to, that is the real sense of the word egocentric.

In this egocentrism, our life goes on, so there is all this weight, there is all this fear, and this fear has different expressions, these different fears present in this so-called “fear.” Look at yourself and you will find the different forms of fear present: fear of not being loved, fear of not being accepted, fear of rejection, fear of things going wrong, fear of not succeeding, fear of getting sick, fear of growing old, fear of accidents, fear of not winning, fear of losing, fear of being deceived, fear of betrayal.

There are innumerable fears, countless forms of psychological fears, and to get rid of them we resort to old and ancient escape strategies. We have a tangled mechanism, an arsenal of mechanisms, an arsenal of ideas, beliefs, resources, we have an enormous number of resources to escape this pain, they are the escape mechanisms for problems. So, we are running away from problems – some of this occurs unconsciously.

This is how the mind has been living. It interprets some of these escapes as a solution to that problem, which is not true.

Therefore, what appears to be a solution, appears in the short and medium term as a new problem. So, you get out of a problem because you believe you did, but in fact, you're already in a new problem. No, it’s not a new problem. That running away is still part of the ancient and old problem, only now it’s in a different format: a new relationship, for example.

This happens every day, you leave one situation and enter another situation, you change the number six for half a dozen. So, we are constantly running away from problems and some of these escapes seem to be temporary solutions, but in the short, medium and long term we realize that we are still in the problem. That exchange of love has not yet ended with the jealousy of this so-called “new love;” jealousy is still there, possession is still there, control is still there, anger, the desire to dominate, to control.

Then life is full of problems. Looking at what we are, here and now, observing this movement of the mind weaving theories, beliefs, objectives and projects for a happy life, according to its own ideal, according to its own project or imagination, looking at this and seeing what mind is producing, become conscious, conscious of it.

As you look at this, you realize that everything you have in that instant is just a challenge to this “me,” this “I,” this ego, this mind, and as you look at this, it falls apart. So, it becomes clear that no problem remains for that clear and silent mind, lucid, aware of what it is. When this is possible – and this is possible when the mind does not want to run away, does not want to escape, does not want to get rid of these psychological pains, which are the problems built by this “I,” these psychological pains – then there is no longer the desire to run away from it, to find alternatives to it, to seek an answer to it within this escape mechanism.

When you stay with what shows up, which is a challenge, and look at that sense of a present “I” that wants to interpret that, translate that, get rid of that, control that, that’s what constitutes a problem, but when you look and you don't do anything at all, you just observe the sense of a present “me” that is not separating itself from this situation, from this moment, but just looking at the problem.

To look at the problem is to perceive the sense of an “I” present wanting to intervene, interfere, do something, get rid of, replace, adjust; to realize this sense of a present “I” is to see that, in fact, the problem is only present for that “me.”

So, Self-awareness is the foundation for getting rid of that sense of an “I” present. When that sense of an “I” is no longer present, what remains is this Clarity, this Silence, this Intelligence. This new mind has no problem, it is not the ancient, old egoic mind, it is something entirely new, unknown, present here. Attending to that challenge, to that moment, to that instant without the sense of an “I” being present, in that lucidity, in that clarity, in that silence, in the egoic mind-free state, then your brain is able to respond to that moment without the sense of an “I,” then there is no problem.

The problem has not been resolved. Here, in the moment, the end of the illusion of the problem is happening, because now we have the end of the illusion of the “I.” The “I,” the ego, the “me,” the egoic mind is no longer there. So, the sense of separateness, the sense of duality, the sense of a “me” that likes, that doesn't like, that wants to do something, that wants to resolve, wants to control, wants to change, is no longer present.

Notice what we are saying: it is always the ego that is the only problem. The root of all the problems in your life is the presence of “someone” owning this life, it is the “ego,” the “me,” the “I.” Our work together is to show here that a Life in Itself is possible, without the sense of a present “I.” Life in Itself is Love, Peace, and Freedom. So, whatever appears as a challenge or apparent problem is immediately taken care of without the sense of a present “I,” a present “ego,” of an identity full of desires and fears, projects, perspectives, ambitions, envy, without that sense of a present “I.”

When that is not there, each situation, each moment, each challenge or each “problem” that arises is no longer a problem, because it finds the Truth of Consciousness, Intelligence, Peace, Happiness, Love to deal with that situation.

Does that make any sense to you, or are we talking about something that when you hear it, you say, “No, that’s impossible”? I'm not saying it’s possible. I'm saying there is a possibility. What is the difference? If I say to you: “That’s possible,” you will believe it or you will say: “No, he’s saying something that doesn't make the slightest sense, that’s nonsense.” So, if I say: “This is possible, this is possible,” you will agree or disagree, but if I put it to you as a possibility, you will look, observe, investigate it in yourself and see the real possibility of it – although, in general, I have been saying: “This is possible,” but it is not enough for you to believe in it, or simply disagree with it, it is necessary for you to work on it.

So, in this channel, as in online meetings, face-to-face meetings and also retreats, we are working directly with those who approach us. It is necessary for you to work on this, to become aware of this Intelligence, this Consciousness, this Presence, for a Real Life, which is the Life where there are no problems, because this is the Real Life, where the sense of “I” is not, the ego is not, that “me” is not there. This is the Real Life, the Life of Consciousness, the Life of God, the Life of Truth about your Being. This is the Truth about your Essential Nature.

So, that’s our work together here. If this makes sense to you, leave your like there, subscribe to the channel and we will work on this in online meetings, face-to-face meetings and also retreats. OK?

Here’s the invitation and we'll see you in the next one!

March, 2023
Gravatá-PE, Brazil
Further information

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share!