May 17, 2024

How do I get rid of suffering? How do I get rid of problems? How to get rid of anxiety? Self-image.

Here, we must have a different approach than we have had. If there is something that I have insisted on here, with you, it is a new approach to dealing with situations, to dealing with problems, and one of them is this problem of suffering. So, the presence of suffering in us is a problem, which is why people ask: “How do I get rid of problems?”, but they also ask: “How do I get rid of suffering?” Getting rid of suffering requires getting closer to oneself, a Comprehension of the Truth about oneself and putting an end to the false identity, to this model of belief, idea, concept that you have about who you are.

So, there is only one way to really get rid of problems, as well as get rid of suffering. To the question “How do I get rid of suffering?”, there is only one answer to this, as to the question “How do I get rid of problems?”, there is only one answer to that. Curiously, it is the same answer to the question “How to get rid of anxiety?” or fear, or depression: eliminating the illusion of an identity present at this moment.

So, we have to touch on this subject with you here, the issue of the beauty of this encounter with the end of the past. Yes, the encounter with the end of the past. The psychological condition of existence in us is the condition of continuity of the past. Let's clarify this to you here. We think that every problem or every suffering resides outside, and here we are verifying together, investigating together that the problem present here is within each one of us in this continuity of the past. Note, our relationship with people, with objects, with situations, with places, with ourselves, with our thoughts, feelings, emotions, and with these particular modes of perception we have, all of this constitutes a problem and therefore suffering, if it is not investigated, if it is not comprehended. We don't comprehend that because we don't study ourselves, we don't comprehend that because we don't verify how we psychologically, internally function.

Our life is a life of relationship with everything around us, we are always in a constant relationship with everything. It's a life of relationships, but who is this element in relation to all of this? This element is the continuity of the past. Let's investigate, explore this here with you. Thought in you is present because of memory. Memory is remembrance, recollection, something that comes from the past. Your relationship with people, objects, places, with yourself, is a relationship that has as its principle this pattern that is the pattern of thought present. But, notice, thought is something that comes from the past, it is seeking continuity at this present moment, our relationship with everything is happening at this present moment.

Now, notice what we want to say to you here: life is something that happens at this moment, but thought in us is something that comes from the past. This “me,” this “I,” this person who is present in this contact with this moment, sees this moment from this pattern, this model that is thought. So, we want this moment to adjust to this thought that “I” have, that “I” bring. In fact, to this thought that “I” am, because notice, this is the idea of ​​being someone: “I am,” but I am nothing other than a set of memories, remembrances, recollections that is thought. So, I am thought, I am that which I feel, what I think, what I desire, what I want, and that is thought.

See, this “I,” this “me” is a set of recollections, remembrances, memories, which is thought. So, this contact of what I represent to be, what I appear to be, what I demonstrate to be – which is something that comes from the past – is a contact with this moment, having as its principle a meeting between what is and what thought says about this. Notice how simple what we want to say to you here is: when you come into contact with others, what you have of them is what the thought in you says about them. You are not in direct contact with this or that person, you are in indirect contact, because this contact is a contact through thought, via thought, by thought. Once thought is present, this contact is, in fact, a contact of mental representation, of idea, of concept, of belief, of preconception. What you have of someone is a pre-formed concept, it's an image, it's a frame, it's an intellectual representation of thoughts about this or that person. Thus, your contact with the person, at this moment, is through the curtain of this image you have about who you are, about thoughts that you bring about yourself.

Thus, this contact is, consequently, a contact in which division is present, separation is present, because there is this observer that sees something, having the observed thing. When we look through the observer, we have a look through the self-image, through thought, through the conclusions, beliefs, opinions, and images that I make of him or her and that, naturally, he or she makes of me. So, I have an image about others and they have an image about me. The image I have about them is based on the image I have about who I am, about who I believe to be. Do you get that?

This is the sense of contact I have with this present moment. The contact I have with this present moment, if it is based on thought, it is happening exactly this way. And if this is happening, problem is happening, suffering is happening, conflict is happening. So, even in this “liking” you, what I like is, in fact, what fulfills me, satisfies me, it has something to do with the image I have of who I am. In this self-centeredness, the sense of the “I,” of the ego, is isolationist, see that. In this particular isolationism, there is a movement of an egoic identity, an egocentric identity based on self-image. All my contact with the world is in this egocentric isolationism, then my activities are egocentric, my behavior is egocentric, my feeling, my thinking, my acting is egocentric.

This is the continuity of the “I,” the continuity of the past. The encounter with the Truth of the end to all problems, to all suffering, to all this confusion our lives has become, the end to all of this is something possible when we have the end of this continuity, which is the continuity of the past. We are living in thought and thought is something that comes from the past, making an interpretation of this moment based on this idea, this representation, something mental, something particular, therefore, something egoic. So, it is the attempt to adjust this instant, this present moment that is alive being life itself as it is, it is the attempt to adjust this to this particular condition of this center, which is the “I,” the ego, this self-image. It is the attempt to adjust the beauty of this moment, of everything it represents, to a curtain of thoughts, opinions, evaluations, conclusions, beliefs, desires, and fears.

So, this is the “I,” the “me,” the ego. What we don't realize is that the psychological condition of being someone in life is the illusory condition of an identity being the experiencer separating itself from life. This experiencer, since what it is bringing comes from the past, in this approach to life, it is always trying to extract from the present moment, from the present experience, something for itself. We do not have direct contact with life as it is, but rather as we wish it to be, as we want it to be. With this, we introduce another element here, besides thought, which is something that comes from the past.

Notice what a curious thing we have: thought is something that comes from the past. If it comes from the past, it is sustaining itself in time, but note, it is a time that it is sustaining. It has no reality here and now other than the time it is sustaining. When I look at you, I look through this like or dislike, this is a conclusion based on the past, a pleasant or unpleasant experience I had with you. This is thought, this is a conclusion that comes from the past, which sustains an image that I have about who you are. This is a way of sustaining time. Thought sustains time, so it sustains this continuity of time and it also creates time because it says: “Tomorrow will be like this or that other way. Tomorrow I will achieve this, I will be free from that. Tomorrow I will break free, tomorrow I will be free, tomorrow I will achieve.”

So, observe this: thought is something that comes from the past, creates and sustains this past through these images that it constructs, which tries to give continuity to them, and this search for continuity is the search for continuity in a future that it also idealizes from itself. Then, people say: “Tomorrow I will be free from envy, fear, jealousy, anger… Tomorrow I will be happy, I will find love, peace, and freedom.” Notice, all of these are projections of thought. Thought not only sustains the past, it also projects the future.

This is the model of continuity of this center which is the “I,” the ego. So, this whole view that the problem is outside is something totally false, because there is nothing out there, everything is within this psychological conclusion that has formed this present entity that is the “I,” the “me,” the ego. This is how we have lived and are living our lives. Note, we have been living from the viewpoint of this illusory center, we are living our lives, which are particular lives from this false center. There is Real Life happening and there is this particular life that we are living within this old condition of continuity, which is this movement of the past. The past projecting itself into the future. That is why the encounter with the end of the past, in it we have the end of suffering and the end of problems, because we have the end of this particular life for the Real Life of Being, Consciousness, Bliss.

Here, we are dealing with you about Real Life, this Real Life is Being, Consciousness, Bliss. There is no problem in It, there is no suffering in It, there is no anxiety, depression or fear in It. In these meetings, we are exploring this with you, getting closer to the Truth about Meditation, which is this encounter with the Truth of your Being, your Divine Nature, your Real Nature. Your Real Nature, your Divine Nature is Life without this center, without this “I,” without this continuity of the past, without this thought. So, when thought ceases – I mean that thought that carries this psychological background of an identity present. I'm not talking about simple, direct and objective thinking to deal with everyday life issues. Your name, your address, are examples that I usually give here, they are practical thoughts, knowledge of a given profession... All of this is part of the thought of a simple, direct memory, to deal with matters of this dream of existence, this dream of the world, that's how I've been calling it.

This model of thought is very simple, very practical and objective, here I refer to this psychological thought, the one that makes us see from an observer. So, there is the observer and the observed thing. This separation, this division between “I” and the “non-I,” this is something completely false, because there is no such separation. The idea we bring, for example, of this thinker thinking is something totally false, we only have present thought. Either it is the simple, objective thought, like remembering your name, or it is the thought about what I believe about you, what I think about you, what I think about life, what I think about myself, which is the thought that carries this background of psychological memory, which is the illusory thought of this center, this “I,” this ego.

This is the thought that is within this continuity of this illusory time, which is the time of the ego-identity, that is what we have to get rid of. When there is an end to all this, we have the Revelation of What is indescribable, nameless, which is the Reality of this Being, which is Life itself, which is the Real Nature of each one of us. If this is present, Love is present in our relationships with people, with places, with objects, with life, and with ourselves, because there is no longer this sense of someone in this. We no longer have the continuity of this model of thought, because thought has ceased, this pattern of egoic thought has disappeared. Thus, there is no separation between the observer and the observed thing, between the thinker and thought, between this “I” and the “non-I.” Therefore, the Revelation of What is Real is present in this Awakening of Real Consciousness, which is the True Nature of each of us. So, we have a new Vision, a new Mind, a new Heart, the Reality of your Being is present.

That's our subject here, with you. We are working on this in online meetings that take place on the weekends, so Saturday and Sunday we are together, investing in this, looking at this, having a real approach to this, to this Revelation of the Truth about who we are. Here in the video description, you find our Whatsapp link to participate in these online meetings on weekends. In addition, we have face-to-face meetings and also retreats. If this is something that makes sense to you, go ahead, leave a “like” here, subscribe to the channel, and put it in the comment: “Yes, it makes sense.” OK? Thanks for the meeting and until next time.

May, 2024
Gravatá-PE, Brazil
Further information

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share!